Saturday, May 29, 2010

So-Called Signs (>.<)

It's happened to us all. You meet a guy, think he's just the sweetest things, then BAM! There is some kind of sign that pretty much screams at you that you and him (or her, if you're a guy reading this, but I'm still referring it from the female mind) are meant to be together. It's destiny, it's fate.... It's all a LIE! I can't tell you how many guys I've crushed on in the last few years where all these different signs tell me I'm suppose to be him, then it turns out that he doesn't like you, or you're not his type, or he turns out to be some kind of lying jerk that you trusted.
I'll be the first to tell you that the fates are just plain cruel. They suck you into believing things we've all been told since we were kids ("sweetie, that boy is picking on you because he likes you... honey, he's just ignoring you because he likes you... babe, he's not calling you because he likes you too much... etc... etc...") and then they give us signs that make us think, "oh hey! me and him will so get together!" Like, for instance, you might see his birthday on certain things, or his name appears in places you've never noticed before, or he just seems to pop up in unexpected places. It's ridiculous! I warn you girls (and guys... or whatever), you see you're crush's name or birthday anywhere and think it's a magical sign, don't believe it, because it's only sitting you up for heartbreak and humiliation. It's happened to me so many times and I hate it. I actually really like a guy now who may like me back (we're talking it out). But, and I just realized this today, his first, middle, and last name are all in Harry Potter, which everyone knows is like the best thing ever to me! Ok, well, technically, his middle name is just one letter short of being my favorite character's last name. His first name is the last name of one of my favorite minor characters, and his last name is the first name of my favorite character's brother. Does that make any sense? Do you follow? Oh well, that's the best I can do without giving away his real name. I'm going to bed so I can get ready for church, so Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment