Monday, May 17, 2010

Growing Up So Fast

Today I am babysitting my five-year-old cousin. She isn't as bad as she usually is with me. I'm doing it for my aunt while she's at work. But my cousin is in the living room, watching My Gym Partner's A Monkey, which I haven't watched in a long time, and I'm putting some pictures on Facebook.
Doing all of this, plus the fact I have to do so much before August, just keeps reminding me that I'm growing up. It truly sucks, you know. I mean, just this morning, I was watching Dora the Explorer with my cousin and I was just reminded so much of how it use to be when I was a kid. Back then, it was so awesome to be carefree. Maybe we couldn't get away with anything, but it was fun to pretend we were riding horses just by sitting on the edge of a bed, or running races, playing Hide and Go Seek and Red Rover. We tried to do something like today, people might think we've lost it!
With my birthday coming up, I just keep feeling older and older. Is that normal? I mean, if you knew me, you would swear up and down I was a little kid in a teen's body. I watch cartoons all the time, I can't stay serious for more than a second, and I reminicse about the past in my spare time. But I don't think the last part has anything to do with being a little kid. Everyone loves to think back to happy times, when it seemed that you just couldn't stop smiling. For me, it's fourth and sixth grade. In fourth grade, I had my best friends in world with me and everything just seemed so normal, plus I was still in Amory, my hometown. In sixth grade, we were considered the Seniors of Elementry School, so we always had so much fun everyday, even when we were just doing work.
It doesn't depress me, getting older. Don't get me wrong because it is pretty exciting. We get to do things that we've dreamed about doing since we were five. We're going to be on our own soon, we can travel as much as we want (as long as we have the money), and for some of us, we can get married. But we'll never have a greater stage in our life like childhood.
I really don't know what I'm going to do for my birthday. I mean, I had so much planned. I wanted to go out with friends and see a movie, and my plan B was to spend it with my family. But most of family is going to be in Jackson and my friends are going to be gone. Twin has to take care of her niece and nephew. I would so help her if I could! Well, I still have five more days. Maybe something will unravel before then.

Before I leave this post for the day, I just wanna say that Saturday, May 15, made exactly one year since Taylor O'Neil Smith drowned at Lake Buttahatchie. It was a real lost for so many people at Smithville and we all miss him dearly. Keep his family in your prayers, please. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment